Thames & Kosmos is looking for a talented, smart, and motivated individual to join our growing educational toy and board game company. Our expert team (including a few office dogs!) publishes and distributes educational science kits and toys for kids. Our mission is to improve the quality of informal science education in the United States and provide tools to inspire creative thinking, advanced problem solving, and other important life skills through fun interactive experiences.
Job Description Full-time. Ninety (90)-day training period. This position supports the daily operations of the accounting department. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Accounts receivables
- Accounts payables
- Coordinate collection activities
- Monthly credit card reconciliation
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- COGS calculation
- General ledger maintenance and accrual account management
- Prepare licensing royalty payment reports and book monthly accruals
- Prepare monthly commission accruals
- Assist Controller with monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting
- Maintain filing system
- Assist customer service team as needed
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft office and basic accounting software.
- Experience with SAP Business One is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and diligent with follow-up
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to make decisions based on established policies & procedures, and assist management in establishing new procedures
- Fast learner, able to pick up, retain, and apply new procedures and information quickly
- Ability to self-manage; willingness to take ownership of tasks and see them through start to finish
- Salary commensurate with experience, plus generous benefits package. Based on 40-hour work week; regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30am-5pm)
- Full company-paid health insurance after successful completion of Ninety (90)-day trial period.
- Generous vacation and sick day policy•401K options available after one year of employment
- Cover Letter
- Contact information (email address and phone number) for THREE references. At least one of the three references must be a previous employer, manager, or supervisor.